On my first few hikes with my newborn, I faced a slight dilemma: what to wear so that I could be comfortable while on the move, but also free to nurse wherever I needed to.
So, I went on a search for nursing tops for the active mama. I needed something that could manage moisture as I worked up a sweat, but also provided “easy access”. Thankfully, I bumped into Momzelle online and they had a top that was the perfect fit (in more ways than one): the Motion Tank ($46 CAD).
Why do I love the Motion Tank? Apart from providing a discreet option for breastfeeding, the top is stretchy, moisture-wicking and super comfortable. Perfect for hiking, running, stroller fitness, travel…whatever gets you moving. Here’s more:
- Momzelle says this shirt is “designed to flatter the postpartum figure”. It really does! You can read more of my thoughts on that topic in The Post-Baby Body.
- The length through the body is great, as is the slightly adjusted width at the hips, so the shirt doesn’t ride up.
- The material is stretchy, but doesn’t lose its shape. I can’t tell you how many cotton nursing tops I have stretched so much that they no longer look very flattering.
- It manages moisture wonderfully, so you can stay cool and dry while you’re exercising with your little one.
- The higher neckline is great when you’re carrying your baby in a front carrier. I find we both get sweaty if my baby’s chest or cheeks are against my skin, and the higher neckline prevents that.
- The Motion Tank was perfect to wear on our first flights and travel with the baby. I like to travel in comfortable clothing, and tend to get quite warm in airports and airplanes. The tank kept me cool and made it easy to nurse on the plane.
- Seriously, I can’t think of any cons other than the fact that I only have the shirt in black. It comes in other colours, too, and I think I’ll be ordering some very soon!
Note: Be conservative with your sizing with this top. These shirts fit big, and while I was tempted to order a medium, the small was a better fit.
Overall I’d give it 5/5!
Thanks, Momzelle, for sending along this product to me for review.