Giveaway details are at the bottom.
Any woman who has been through a pregnancy knows the frustration of finding a jacket to wear over her growing belly through the cooler and/or wetter months. Donning your husband’s jacket – if that’ll even fit – can be practical, but doesn’t feel all that glamorous. Maternity jackets can be pricey, and you’re only wearing one for less than a year. There’s something to be said for finding comfort in your own clothing, especially through pregnancy.
Enter: Make My Belly Fit. I first came across this company back when I was expecting my first baby back in 2012. They were in start-up mode then, but they were onto something. In addition to providing the perfect solution for a growing belly, their panels could be worn with a soft baby carrier (by either mom or dad), extending the life of the panel for any one family. I have also seen a few passed on through the grapevine, giving more mothers a solid solution to their jacket woes.
Fast-forward five years and I’m expecting (and growing) again. Make My Belly Fit is growing, too. I’m so stoked for this small family-run business: they (successfully) pitched their product on Dragon’s Den and made a deal with Manjit Minhas. It’s great to see a thoughtfully-made and Canadian product in the spotlight and see founder Ben (and father of four!) in action (check out the episode here).
For another demo, here’s me zipping in my own BellyFit:
All the pregnant ladies, check it out!🤰🏻 I owe a big high-five 🙌🏻to Make My Belly Fit for keeping me warm and toasty through two pregnancies. This rockstar panel is better than any maternity jacket – it zips into almost any jacket and can be used after the baby is born over a soft carrier. 👌🏻 Enjoy the video and my cute (?) little double chin. I’ll be doing a @makemybellyfit giveaway soon. Comment here and I’ll notify you when the giveaway is up on adventurousparents.com! #adventurousparents #makemybellyfit #pregnantbelly
More about Make My Belly Fit:
The BellyFit ($69.99 CAD for Black and $59.99 CAD for Charcoal) is made of windproof, softshell material, while the Extra Warmth Layer ($17.99 CAD) adds a fleece liner for harsher temperatures. Add on the Zip Adapters ($15.99 CAD) – if your jacket even requires one – and, voila, you have created your very own maternity jacket.
What I love about this product:
- Make My Belly Fit allows a pregnant woman to feel a bit of normalcy. It feels good to be in your own clothing.
- It is easy to use and stylish enough.
- It’s fast and easy to switch from jacket to jacket.
- Husbands can keep their jackets. (Check out the story behind the company).
- If you get your hands on one early and use it as soon as you start running out of room in your jacket, you really get your money’s worth.
- It is warm and wind-proof, even without the fleece insert (but that comes in handy!)
- You can expand the life of the product by using it for baby-carrying. Also, your partner can use it, so long as the zippers are compatible.
- Most jackets do not require a zipper adapter. If you’re does, an easy quiz on their website will help you find the right one.
I couple things to consider:
- The panel is too short for my longer jacket, so I have a three-inch gap along the neckline. I can see how it would be difficult for Make My Belly Fit to customize these panels even further, so it’s not a big deal. I use a scarf to fill the gap and cover it up. Some panels may be too long, and pop out the top – they can easily be rolled down or tucked in.
- If you require an adapter, it adds width to the panel. This isn’t an issue later in pregnancy (when you’re wider, too!) but, towards the beginning of my pregnancy, I felt like the panel was great for the belly, but too big up top.
Overall, I think Make My Belly Fit has done an incredible job of creating a product that really fulfills a need. Some women who saw mine jokingly said they’d consider having another child just so that they could use the product. I believe this shows just how women feel about finding jackets to wear through pregnancy.
We’re giving away the following two prizes:
- First prize: BellyFit + Warmth Layer + Zip Adapter (if needed)
- Second prize: BabyCover – A unique feature on the front of the cover, clips that attach to each side of your jacket, provide you and your baby with the ultimate comfort-control and protection in just about any weather in all four seasons.
To enter: Simply leave a comment below and let me know which prize you’d like! I’ll choose a winner* on February 9, 2018, after 11:59MST.
*Open to North America only.
Thanks to Make My Belly Fit for providing me with the BellyFit, Warmth Insert, Zip Adapters and BabyCover so that I could give this product a try. This article was not reviewed by them prior to posting, nor was I paid to create this review (beyond the product sponsorship).